Sunday, July 22, 2012

Black people, Hip Hop & A view from a Perch!

Editor's Note: This is a reprint of a blog I printed March 20th, 2012. Below, I reprinted the comments I received as well.



       Many Black folks loved (Bill) Clinton & deemed him the white ‘black horn playing man in a white man’s body’ while he implemented laws such as the Omnibus Crime Control Act that authorized mandatory minimum sentences which helped to skyrocket the prison population, (continuing the) disproportionately Black or Brown AND particularly men. This in tow, trying juveniles as adults & coupled with the 3 strikes bill, the preposterous “Stop & Frisk” that (especially) New Yorkers are SO familiar with {shout out 2 The Village Voice!} – ADD the 100 to 1 sentencing for crack cocaine commissioned by the “Great” Reaganomics that WE enjoyed ‘since’ the 80′s – Many, if not most of us in the “minority” community of America have been in a state of emergency for quite some time.
     Ok, ok, ok. Perhaps not for my scholarly friends who’ve enjoyed the bastion of education and white collar jobs that this great land has to offer. If we’d simply ‘applied ourselves’ and gone to school, get an education (meaning memorize and program our young minds to regurgitate with knowledgeable pride that Christopher Columbus “discovered” America and that Lincoln “freed” the slaves and that due to the holocaust of the Civil Rights Movement some 40 years ago that racism no longer exists and that with this enriched brain I can) follow orders well enough to be allowed a decent wage, so that I can abandon my old family in the savagely misguided black hole, now labeled the “Ghetto” and adopt my new family in the suburbs of the civilized white folks who’ve shown me the light. Oh, no! My mistake. Adopt my new family that acts like the white folks that had shown them the light and have now transferred that same likeness to my privileged dumbass.
      Let’s see. Wait a second. Am I losing it? Why am I referring to myself this way? I’m educated. Im accustomed to the finer things in life. I no longer am a part of that way of life that was frowned upon by those who taught my predecessors who in turn showed me how to spend my money on caviar, escargot, $8,000 spa treatments, wall sized closets made for high heels and boots, with five cars in my driveway. Yea, that’s right! My driveway! I don’t with that wiggling of needles on turntables anymore. I have ipad shuffles with my $300 headphones on. They called it gibberish on the microphone and now it is. They were right! Since I left, the kids in the “hood” don’t listen to anything meaningful like in the music I “used” to listen to because my parents learned from they’re adoptive parents that my music was trash! And always told me so. But I finally listened. That’s right! I listened!
I don’t mind that the “unemployment rate among blacks” in particular is “16% compared to 10.8% nationally and among Black men….22%” because all they wanna do is sell drugs and prostitute themselves. They already wear their pants like they’re in jail, so… why should I care that right wing politicians blocked programs championed by the Urban League to help end the drastic unemployment of 2011? So what if President Obama was backing these initiatives to stop the decline of jobs and increase of unemployment. My concern is with Iraq, Afghanistan, Al Quada & 9/11. And don’t you dare speak to me of other worldly issues because the war is over! Our troops are finally home! Bin Laden is dead!
So what if all of this started US and Britian funding Muslim extremists through the CIA and sold arms to Tehran and Baghdad and helped Saddam (whom we set up) and executed. So what if it was after we gave him the green light to demolish Kuwait. So what if the war on terror has ultimately “cost $225,000 lives and up to $4 trillion in U.S. spending” and will ultimately lead to a massive apocalyptic was for dominance with China, Russia and whoever else! But that’s only a small probability. Anyway, since the assassination of Gadhafi we can send Halliburton over to the sub-prime mortgage scandals of 2006. I lost a lot of money that I still never got back nor am I still trying to. The bank isn’t going to give me another loan after that and my interest payments are way to high due to that debacle. But it’s alright, because regardless of how this may seem “the trillion dollar buying power” of Blacks is still a force to be reckoned with. Even though my last home was foreclosed on and I never bothered to attempt to buy the land the property was on, and as a unison we spend too much in cash on frivolous trinkets and credit card debts, college loans and super high mortgages because I never educated my educated ass on the property buying and ownership game….
Since the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 Amendment to Federal Sentencing Guidelines has reduced the disparate ratio of 100 to 1 down to 18 to 1 for crack cocaine, quote unquote “the black drug” closer to the 1 to 1 for cocaine powder, quote unquote “the white drug”. So that while these bottom feeding people that I used to be with spinning on their heads, come back home from prison a bit sooner, I can leave them be due to my high blood pressure, added on to the high stress, salt, pork, beef and cloned salmon I eat shooting me straight to my royally crafted grave.
Alright, obviously that was one point of view wrapped up in a blanket of truth with a handful of sarcasm sprinkled all over. (as some of u know, I LOVE 2 get the blood flowing) But seriously, Stop and Frisk?
NYPD revealed to the NYC Council that “684,330 encounters took place” which is “14% higher than 2010” numbers and since 2002 a “600%” increase. Close to 90% of US stopped are Black and Latino, “with 12% of stops actually ending in arrests.”
Then we have Amallo Diallo, Sean Bell, and now Tayvonne Martin? I was going to write SOOOO much more but, for 2 reasons I end here (for now)
1: Too many parts on this topic are spiraling me out of any sort of structure.
2: This was getting waaay too long and more research keeps popping up, but this will be continued later (as it usually does), but I did want to mention that, for all the simple minded people, especially Caucasians that think that “oh, Obama is President” so Black people no longer have problems in this country, or the ignorant shit that comes out of some of your mouths and you double it by saying “and before you think OMG what a racist, my best bestie friend is black” ACTUALLY find out what’s going on instead of just receiving information from the tell a dummy and being so truly blind to REALITY that happens EVERYDAY even while your stupid ass is woriied about who Jennifer Lopez is fucking at the moment. Till next time. PEACE!



I like the valuable info you supply to your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again right here regularly. I’m slightly certain I’ll be told plenty of new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment