Friday, August 24, 2012

Aug. 24 - 2K12


  Today at approximately 10:45am, I signed in to my shift at work (i.e, "JoB" or Slave as sum of U.S. have been known 2 call this type of servitude. Y do I call this servitude U ask? Because I am being paid "peanuts" or "crumbs" meaning VERY LITTLE and/or nearly laughable "wages")

   As this is a new place (I'm at different locations with my employment) ........
{When U fake moves on a N*^$* U employ - GZA} back 2 our story.........
   ....... I'm done getting adjusted 2 where I am and being that the place was quite empty, I ask an 'employee'  how much a ring is that was encased in a glass drawer with some other items. She replied "That's expensive", and continued about her business. Being that I'm the odd man out at this place because only I "work" for (blank) and everyone else here is employed with this high end clothing store that I'm in.
    Ok, ok. I'm a security guard gosh dangit! I gotta pay bills too.

Alright, now. Let's call this employee Jennifer. So, Jennifer has slim braids that look like their locking (not sure though) and she has a heavy Caribbean accent (perhaps Jamaican, but I may B wrong) I do KNOW her attitude was stank and she was under the impression that I couldn't afford the ring. Is it because we share the same complexion? Wow! That can't be. Whatever, fahgeddaboutit.

 About 1:30pm or 13:30 hours, I go downstairs 2 the companies break room and eat my lunch. As I approach the single table, there are 2 chairs. One holding a bag and the other sits Jennifer eating. I ask her if the bag is her's to which she shrugs off at me a no, so I plop the bag onto some boxes next to the table.
  "No. You can't put the bag dere. Lemme have de bag.", she says.

  Now, I already "lost" many "jobs" for speaking my mind on getting punked before, so.... along with the enlightenment's of Ramadan and seeking the betterment of myself as a Human Being, AND 4 the sake of "keeping" a "job" I decided not 2.

So, in my mind, the funkyness of earlier is confirmed. So, I eat my food. And after going upstairs and listening to the happenings of the day, I realize she's the assistant manager(?) or the next in charge compared to the manager of the store. Then, the craziest thing happened! A Caucasian woman enters the store with her baby in carriage. Rude, funky attitude from the start. But after shopping around for a while, guess who her "attendant" was? And, as the woman is leaving the store, Jennifer asks me if I can help her bring the carraige up the steps. After helping her do this, the Caucasian woman says "Oh, you're a pro at this." Although, all she did was lift the back of the thing as I lifted the front. Big "job" for a pro, huh?
 But as the mother puts her baby into the carraige, she asks if Jen has ever been a mom.  Jennifer so wonderfully goes into a dreamy story of glory.

 "Oh, no children of my own. I've never had any kids. But I used to take care of  (name here) and I mean she was such an angel. We did everything together.".........
.............Blah, blah, blah. Gush, gush, gush...........
........."But now she's 20 so I haven't done that in years. But we still hang out you know?!"
 "Do you still do it?", says the woman.
"Oh, no. She's 20 now. But we still hang out today!"
"No, I mean, do you still take care of kids?", asks the woman.
"Oh. No. I'm not a nanny anymore.", Jennifer says.
"Oh. That's too bad.", says the woman. She then hurries off.

I was stunned. This friggn woman who (to borrow a term from a group I like 2 read posts from online) seems 2 B a Negropean, had an attitude with me from the jump. {And All-ah my true folks KNOW what kind of 'attitude' I mean} She just couldn't B bothered with the likes of me.
  (mind U, all other employees in the store are Nubian looking as well. NOT 2 say they R all Black. don't KNOW them like that, BUT Jennifer was the only one giving off that energy)
  She was the nicest thing to this woman. I mean, gushing about her little girl who is all grown up now. But yet, has NONE of HER OWN!

She makes NO contribution 2 HER OWN! YES! This is my OPINION because she very well may be contributing so much time speaking to disenfranchised inner city youths who are one foot away from destroying their lives forever.... however, it is my opinion, that that just ain't so.

Then, I see a black woman with what seems to be her daughter next to her, pushing a stroller with 2 Caucasian kids in it, and the daughter walking beside her mom with a very angry face on her head. Which had me thinking.......


     Is this the legacy of slave ships, and slave quarters and taking care of "white babies" for Master (i.e, nursing) that NOW OUR Womban R taking care of "white babies" for their "Employer" (i.e, psychological dysfunction)?
    Is this the cycle? Is it that at one time, OUR Mother's were stripped from U.S. 2 take care of another peoples family but NOW OUR Mother's willingly LEAVE U.S. 2 take care of another peoples family?
Is it that, Black Women do not want to have their OWN children?
Is the Black Child (son/daughter) 2 B neglected and shoveled off as meaningless dirt that has no feelings or longing for a Mother?


{Mor 2 add 2 this l8r, but 4 now...... I have a headache. Feel free 2 add your thoughts}
PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment